Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hello class, I am late joining this blog because of a venue mix-up last week during the first week of class, but I am looking forward to learning more about leadership in this class nonetheless. My name is Kim Cooper, and I am a grad student here at Mason studying for the masters in HE specialization through the interdisciplinary studies program here.

My most memorable leadership experience I guess would have to be when I established a scholarship fund for students from my high school pursuing a career in the health/allied health fields. The foundation/scholarship fund was formulated to honor the memory of a good friend and fellow classmate who passed away of cancer at the age of 26. She was a registered nurse. Going through the whole process of gathering information to establish a foundation, getting appropriate tax ID verification, etc., formulating and appointing trustees really developed a strong confidence level that I greatly appreciated. It proved invaluable and useful for my future career journey as well.

No comments: