Sunday, January 25, 2009

5 Resources on Leadership

I am very much interested in women's leadership. When I was a professional in my 20's, I saw very little personal need for gender separation in research interests. Now that I am in my early 30's, I find myself constantly seeking female examples of those who were able to do it all: perfect career, perfect family, and an active social life. I'm starting to think that this is not possible at all. However, I still seek examples of those who have at least attempted and gotten some of it right. Here are some other resources (some gender focused, some not) I found to be interesting:

International Federation of University Women
Here's some concrete exercises on leadership development.

American Association of University Women
Here's a list of books on women and leadership.

The Annie E. Casey Foundation
Not gender focused, but some good info on leading nonprofits.

Distance Education for the New Century
This is an online article about leading in distance ed environments.

NAFSA: Association of International Educators
This is a link to a very informative PPT presentation on leading campus internationalization.

No comments: