Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Obama

I’m all Obama’ed out… I just need a whole week without seeing his name or face. I’m glad he is president – I just need a break. But anyway, back to my critique…

The tone of Obama’s speech is somber, and it needed to be especially since his campaign has been backed by high emotion. He let us know that the time for being emotional about his being elected is over; it is now time to roll up our sleeves and brace ourselves for the mess that lies ahead. In general, the pompousness of America being the best at everything -- at the risk of alienating other countries -- is now over. And I’m glad it’s over. I am quite tired of having to over explain America’s pompous attitude every time I go overseas. We got problems – BIG PROBLEMS – and it’s time we face them by taking a look at the facts and planning appropriately with all stakeholders.

Obama also seems to quietly mention that the problems of America are much bigger than he. I have heard others talk of Obama as if he is the messiah who has come to deliver America from all of its wrongdoings. It took America many years to get into the mess it is in. I presume that the time to fix it will surpass Obama’s time in office.

No comments: